Tuesday, February 15, 2011

True Gratitude

As much as I despise the day that is celebrated by many as Valentine's Day, I felt compelled to "do something" for the ladies in my life- even if it's just so they won't feel left out by comparison.  Well, yesterday was no different, and before you run off and scream "I DON'T WANT TO READ ANOTHER SAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY BLOG!!",  this will not be long, nor sappy. 

I made dinner for the wife and girls ( nothing special, I cook all the time).  But the thing that really made me smile and feel good about yesterday was when my youngest daughter saw the balloon I got for her and actually tried to jump (she actually has a 1/2 inch vertical now) and get it out of the air.  Not only that but, she ate all of her food!  I should have taken a picture of her stuffing her little hand in her mouth to get all of the sauce off the linguine afterwards; using the napkin she was cleaning her hands with, to pick up more pasta and stuff in her mouth.  Additionally, the oldest (Boots), made a statement that made me proud to be a father . . . "Daddy is so nice for doing all of this for us, we should do something for him", it may not seem like much but it worked for me. 

I am telling you all of this to say, I am glad I was able to provide the girls in my life (and the wife) with that type of  foundation for what they should expect from any hopeful in their life many years to come.  I mean I hate that I am setting this precedent, because I feel the day is such a rip-off for any male that is in a relationship, trying to get in a relationship or anything of that nature but- nothing is too good for my daughters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment