Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Til the end of time . . .

I am not sure why I chose this specific title for this entry but, it just seemed befitting.  There are not many things that I can think of that I would love, like or even want to to "'til the end of time" so where does that saying come from? 

As I was jogging my 2.36 miles yesterday (day 4 of working out), I was thinking of things I enjoy doing . . . eating, joking around, internet surfing (my form of reading), movies, watching football, spending time with family and friends, etc.  All of these activities are great but only in moderation.  I can not imagine myself doing one or all of these things all the time.  That's when I began to ponder is there anything that I could enjoy doing "til the end of time".

Commonly used, most refer to that phrase when they speak of loving someone.  I can agree with that because, love, is an emotion more than an activity (I'm not referring to love-making-pervs!).  I definitely see myself loving someone or multiple people "til the end of time", but that's not what I am searching for. 

Even the fun I had as a teenager and in my 20s was great but, those activities being some "til the end of time"-type ish . . .highly unlikely.  Not only would I probably be dead or in jail, I just don't think a thirty-something person should be living off their parents, smoking 6-7 blunts a day, drinking fifths of whatever, 12-packs of this and trying to "poke" every attractive (and sometimes not so attractive) member of the opposite sex they encounter.  It sounds fun but . . . believe me it gets old. 

I guess I should just be satisfied with the fact that I have lived a life with its share of excitement and disappointment.  Although, there is nothing that I can think of that I can see myself doing "til the end of time" (even though lying on a white sand beach with various women-no kids and a lifetime supply of food and beer, sounds good), I thank God for the ability to live each day and try new things.  Because without new experiences, what would be the reason to look forward to a new day?


-2andababy

No comments:

Post a Comment