Thursday, December 9, 2010

Speak Up!



I will make this brief.  It seems like all the women in my life that I am obligated to listen to talk low.  I mean really?  My boss has the softest voice in America, even when she attempts to amplify it .  Honestly, does she really expect me to hear her through her office, past the conference room, into my cube, over Pandora, my loud keyboard pecking and this ancient laserjet printer?!!?  I have a hard enough time hearing her standing in her face!!  She's a low talker (thanks Seinfeld).  Additionally, my wife and oldest daughter have the uncanny ability to have the most to say to me when I am in the kitchen, with the dishwasher going, washing clothes and with the tv on in the other room. Oh, and to make matters worse . . . feelings get hurt when I look confused and ask them to speak up or repeat what they just muttered.  My wife usually tends to say "don't worry about it" and my daughter is starting to catch on and just walk away.  I just don't understand why they can't amplify their voices so they can be heard.  That's why I appreciate the lil one so much (19 mos.) she is small but she makes sure she is heard over all that is going on.  In those rare occasions when you don't hear her . . .she gets in your face and makes you aware of her presence. 


-2andababy

No comments:

Post a Comment