Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What would you do?

Georgia man turns down NFL for railroad job  | ajc.com

As much as I love (American) football and wouldn't mind being even on the practice squad or possibly just get a job at the NFL . . . I really think his decision was a good one. It shows that there are times when you have to be selfless and more practical about your decisions in life. I usually don't do multiple post but I saw this entry and wanted to share it with other people outside of my facebook family. I mean . . . a chance at being on a Super Bowl team?!?! I don't know how much money he is making at the railroad but he is passing up the chance to make at least $300k (i guess it is prorated per game). So with 4 games left in the regular season and the Jets making the playoffs either wild-card or whatever . . . . that's about $80k!!! I still understand his decision and wish this story was something young students and children growing up in today's society were exposed to. It is not always about the money . . . stability, family, responsibility a foundation goes farther than a large bank account.

-2andababy

No comments:

Post a Comment